Chelsea Pop up Boutique Frequently Asked Questions
You can find answers to some of the frequently asked questions that were asked by interested designers below.
- Does the £1100 monthly cost include VAT?
Yes, it is included
- Can we be featured in the window space of the Boutique? Is there a cost and can we book this in?
Yes you can, There would be an extra cost of £150 for 2 weeks.
- Can we specify the rail we occupy on the floor plan?
Yes, you can. In the boutique presentation you can find the floor plan. The location of display can be discussed to meet your requirements.
- Is there a specific number of styles we can feature? Can we change these through the month of December?
As long as it is approved, you can change styles through the month, you must have to specify us the styles you change for sales control.
- Do I need to come to the store to sell my designs?
No, we will provide a dedicated Sales person who will be on the shop floor at all times. There will also be members of the London Ethnic team present.
- Can I come to the events even though they are on a different week from when my clothes will be displayed?
Yes, of course!
- Are we allocated a space in the stockroom?
The stockroom would be an additional cost of £15 for a week or £50 for the whole month.
- Would the Sales Assistant replenish stock that is sold?
- What is the footfall in the area?
The area is the famous World’s End part of Chelsea where Vivienne Westwood launched her iconic store in the 60s. The footfall in the area is similar to other parts of Chelsea that house high-end designer stores like Stella McCartney
and Ralf Lauren. Residents in the area include Hollywood movie stars and Russian Billionaires. It is very much not high-street but we will boost the numbers coming to the store through targeted personal invitations and events. We know the area well and we have organised several events there, in venues like the Broadway House private members club over a number of years. The Launch Party is sold out over 300 RSVP.
- Will there be brand training provided to the team so they can sell our brand effectively?
Yes, we will provide training to the Sales Assistant. The more information the better. Also, yes you can provide some training as well if you wish.
- How much would it cost to have a mention in Eluxe magazine? What would I receive exactly?
Any brand in the boutique will be mentioned in the Eluxe advertorial. For a more in-depth focus on an emerging London brand, including an image and further information about your brand would be £150 for brands in the store (£250 for brands not taking part in the boutique)
- What is the starting level price to be included in the store?
£250 for half a rail/half a table for 1 week, £50 per week for shelf space
- Do you have insurance for the store?
Yes, we have insurance for the store.
- Will there be music in the store?
Yes, we have set up a licence to be able to play music in the store.
- Can you please let me know the other designers who are doing it?
We are in the early stages of finalising our store offering but to give you a flavour; we are selecting from a pool of brands that fulfill one of the following criteria:
– authentically representative of London fashion
– ethically sound brands
– brands that produce in the UK
– brands with a compelling story or narrative
- Mass-produced low quality garments from China will not be considered; UK hand-made ethical brands are in.
- How will you attract more people to the store?/What promotions will you be doing?
-Social media posts to 7500 members of the London Fashion MeetUp group, 20,000 Twitter followers, 20,000 Instagram
followers and 120,000 Facebook followers.
-Dedicated advertorial page in Eluxe magazine
-Pre-launch Party Friday 3rd November
-Launch Party Sunday 3rd December
-Press & Bloggers Day 9th December
-Late Night Shopping Pamper Party 14th December
-Fashion Photographers Day 16th December
-VIP Xmas Shopping Pamper Party 21st December
-Xmas Shopping Party 23rd December
-Closing Party 28th December
-We have arranged private viewings for shoppers as well as press and bloggers
-We have announced the dates to the fashion media and we will expect some coverage on mainstream media (radio,
TV, press etc..) We have paid for advertising in the next edition of Eluxe magazine and we will mention every designer
involved in the boutique. Events & designers we have promoted in the previous 12 months have organically featured on Sky News, Capital Radio, Heart radio, Daily Mail, the Sun, Ethical Fashion Forum, Vogue Italia, FashionOne TV, and more!
- Where will the sales assistants be sourced from?
We will personally interview sales assistant based on the boutique criteria. There will be always one dedicated sales assistant and two team members from London Ethnic.
- Can we provide our own Branded shopping bags?
No, we will provide the boutique with London Ethnic bags.
- Can we distribute our look books in the bags with each sale?
Yes, you can distribute your own Lookbook.
- Can we display our business cards/ leaflets about our brand?
- When will we be paid for our sales?
All the sales will be paid within 7 working days of the close of the boutique – to allow for any possible returns or refunds.
- What types of payment do you accept?
Any major Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Cash or Bank Transfer